The Chair of Software Security of the Faculty for Informatics is looking for two
The Software Security research group (Prof. Dr. Kevin Borgolte) at the Ruhr University Bochum is recruiting highly-motivated PhD students and postdoctoral researchers in the area of Software and Internet Security, and more broadly system security, particularly with (but not limited to) a focus on the automated analysis of software systems and network applications. Current research topics are:
* Automatic vulnerability discovery, focusing on addressing and improving existing trade-offs in soundness, completeness, precision, accuracy, and approximation.
* Automatic vulnerability discovery, focusing on systematically understanding advantages, disadvantages, and limits of machine learning techniques for vulnerability discovery.
* Mobile application analysis for security & privacy, focusing on network protocol analysis for mobile IoT companion apps for the Android and Apple iOS operating systems.
* Program analysis, focusing on algorithmic complexity attacks and defenses, especially analyzing, finding, and defending against high-level sophisticated attacks and regular expression denial-of-service attacks.
* Program analysis, focusing on network protocols, including analysis of network applications, their underlying network protocols, and how the applications and protocols are being used in the real world.
* Developing analysis techniques for Internet Security measurements, such as Internet-wide IPv6 measurements, and assessing the impact of novel security and privacy protocols, like DNS-over-HTTPS.
|beginning:||as soon as possible
The load of teaching will be calculated according to § 3 of Lehrverpflichtungsverordnung (state of North Rhine-Westphalia).
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is one of Germany’s leading research universities, addressing the whole range of academic disciplines. A highly dynamic setting enables researchers and students to work across the traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties. To create knowledge networks within and beyond the university is RUB’s declared aim.
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum stands for diversity and equal opportunities. For this reason, we favour a working environment composed of heterogeneous teams, and seek to promote the careers of individuals who are underrepresented in our respective professional areas. The Ruhr-Universität Bochum expressly requests job applications from women. In areas in which they are underrepresented they will be given preference in the case of equivalent qualifications with male candidates. Applications from individuals with disabilities are most welcome.
Kevin Borgolte, Phone: +49234 32 2779
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
For information on the collection of personal data in the application process see: https://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/en/information-collection-personal-data-application-process.
We are looking forward to receiving your application with the specification ANR: 898 until 31.08.2022, send by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com