The Research group on Logic in Philosophy and Artificial Intelligence/Institute for Philosophy II, at the Faculty of Philosophy and Educational Research is looking for a
The position will be embedded in a rich research environment, incl. connections to
• the newly established trilateral WEAVE Project on "Logical Methods for Deontic Explanation" (Bochum, Luxembourg, TU Vienna, https://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/lodex/) • the group on Logic in Philosophy and Artificial Intelligence (Prof. Christian Straßer, https://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/defeasible-reasoning/index.html)
• the research group on Reasoning, Rationality and Science (Prof. Dunja Šešelja, Prof. Christian Straßer, https://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/rrs-philosophy/)
• the Logic in Bochum Group
• the Center for Mind and Cognition,
• the Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence group.
The candidate will work on formal models of defeasible reasoning, in particular those based on nonmonotonic logic and formal argumentation.
|beginning:||as soon as possible
At the request of the applicant (m,f,x), the staff council may be involved in selection interviews.
The load of teaching will be calculated according to § 3 of Lehrverpflichtungsverordnung (state of North Rhine-Westphalia).
At the request of the applicant (m/f/x), the position can also be taken up on a part-time basis
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is one of Germany’s leading research universities, addressing the whole range of academic disciplines. A highly dynamic setting enables researchers and students to work across the traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties. To create knowledge networks within and beyond the university is RUB’s declared aim.
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum stands for diversity and equal opportunities. For this reason, we favour a working environment composed of heterogeneous teams, and seek to promote the careers of individuals who are underrepresented in our respective professional areas. The Ruhr-Universität Bochum expressly requests job applications from women. In areas in which they are underrepresented they will be given preference in the case of equivalent qualifications with male candidates. Applications from individuals with disabilities are most welcome.
Christian Straßer, Phone: +49234 32 26128, christian.straßer@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
For information on the collection of personal data in the application process see: https://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/en/information-collection-personal-data-application-process.
We are looking forward to receiving your application with the specification ANR: 2394 until 09/10/2023, send by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com